Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Organize your College Application Process

Earlier this week you read a post about the importance of preparing. Let's take this preparation to the next step. Getting organized with your college process will help you save time and perhaps your sanity! So here is one way to help you organize.

Get a notebook and a small box of sheet protectors.
Allow at least one sheet protector for every school to which you will apply.
Organize them alphabetically.
In each sheet protector, put a cover sheet. Behind each cover sheet, place all correspondence and information to or from that college/university
.
Here is what the cover sheet for our center includes:

College Name:______________________________________

Address/Website:___________________________________

Info. Requested:_(Date)_______________________________

Info. Received:_(Date)________________________________

College Application Deadlines:________Use Common App? Yes No

Application Fee Cost______________ Waiver used? Yes No

Need academic recommendations?:Yes ___No___How many?______
(include addressed and stamped envelope for each recommendation or give web access information to teacher)

Teacher Recommendation given:_____________________________
Name Date

Teacher Recommendation__________________________________
Name Date

Guidance Portion?:_Yes No

SAT/ACT (mid-50%) SAT CR _______M______W______ ACT_______

Need essay? __________

Cost of Attendance__________________________________________________

Sports:_________________Div I Div II Div III (money only available at I and II)

Sororities/Fraternities_______________

On Campus Housing _______________

Car for freshmen? ___________

Scholarships:_____________


ADDITIONAL NOTES:


Hope this helps get you begin to get organized. Let me know if you have any tips that have helped you through this process! If you go to Richland Northeast, stop by our Career and College Center for free copies of the cover sheet OR send me an email and I'll send you the attachment and you may print as many copies as you like. Email me at ksanders@richland2.org .

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff Kim - I love your regular blog/devo. writing and appreciate this site! We are now in the process of my oldest entering his senior year in highschool. We have lots of questions and will read through your other posts about the college application/grant/SAT process. I'll be emailing you soon to get that coversheet along with a few other questions :)

    Thanks so much!!!

    Susan
    Adventuruous Living

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan,
    Hope this site will help you through the process. Sometimes it can seem a bit daunting so I hope the information will help you as you walk through it. I'll be happy to send you the attachment. Email me at my work address ksanders@richland2.org and I'll send it to you.

    ReplyDelete

College Question? I'll try and find you an answer!