Friday, August 14, 2009

College Application Check Up

Last week I visited my physician for my annual physical. An interview of sorts. This was a chance to see how my body was holding up. Two hours of various blood tests, measurements, and a full head to toe exam. It was also an opportunity for the dear doctor to see if I had heeded her advice. Advice to make the changes that could help me live a longer healthier life.

So how about completing your own college application readiness check-up? Take a look at where you stand. Here are some of the things you may want to assess:

What are you reading this summer?
What are you curious about?
Have you spent time improving on your own best skills and talents?
Have you used those skills or talents to better your own community?
Have you gathered up all your stats? GPA, Rank, test scores, etc
Have you looked over college application essay topics?
Have you checked to see when your favorite college applications are available?

There are a lot of other areas that you could include in your own check up. But start somewhere so you don't turn up empty at one of the most important interviews of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

College Question? I'll try and find you an answer!